Friday, March 30, 2012

Anticipation

Anticipation...is making me wait.


Today is the last day before our school's spring break begins.  I am struggling to make it to the end.  The kids have been antsy all week.  Time has stretched out slowly each day.  I'm not really sure what I am anticipating, though.


The Boy and I aren't doing anything fantastic.  Last year, we took off Friday night to head toward Buffalo, New York, for my nephew's wedding.  After the wedding, we headed toward Florida for the rest of the week. It was crazy!  It was a good time.  This year, though, is rather anti-climatic, and yet I cannot wait for 3:15 tonight.


Maybe is just because I am needing a break.  The sun has been shining, and I haven't been able to really get out and enjoy it.  These four walls can become rather confining.  


Maybe I just need some rest.  I burn the candle from both ends most of the time.  I am a night owl and struggle to go to bed at night.  The alarm, though, beckons me at 5:10 five days a week.


Maybe I just need some new faces.  I see the same people most of the time...students and co-workers.  Even at church, I see a lot of the same faces.  I will see family this week on a couple different occasions.


Whatever the reason....I am ready for spring break.

5 comments:

  1. Oh this was me last week.. but now it's just bout over and back to work on Monday, but more relaxed for sure! So now we will look forward to summer vacation! Have fun on your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine will start in 20 minutes! Next week this time, I hope my feelings are very different. Today they are very much like yours! Let's hope for a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My break is coming to an end. I'm jealous your break is just beginning. Enjoy it. Make the most of it. It flies by too quickly. Summer is quickly arriving though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee for Spring Break. Any time away from the ordinary strain of a work week sounds good to me. Hope you get a lot of relaxing in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our spring break is over, and I'm sad! I love my job, but this week off has been great!

    ReplyDelete