Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Testing Time

Today started our spring testing cycle.  It is always a stressful time because of the importance of the scores.  It is hard to get some of the students to really give their best on these tests, especially the writing prompts.  I have seen You Tube videos that schools make to help motivate their students.  I heard of one school that holds a pep session prior to the testing.  I fear that would pump my students up in the wrong way!

Testing times can be more than paper/pencil tests.  I think we all experience these moments of trials and testing.  I have learned that it is often the attitude you take during the testing that determines the outcome for you personally.  If you take the lumps of life in stride and don't let them get you down, you will probably come through it stronger and have a better grasp on your own slice of life.  If you stress and worry and cry and pout, the outcome will be a dark moment in your past.

I have a friend who has been through so many things.  It would shock you to hear what this one dear lady has experienced in her life.  She is an inspiration to me, though.  Through each episode, she has kept her head high.  Each event has helped her grow and stretch and become an even more beautiful person.  I see her with a smile on her face and in her spirit.  She is making the most of her testing times.

What are you going through today?  What test has been placed before you?  I am sorry you are having a hard time.  I hope you can come through it and be able to look back on it as a time of learning more about yourself. Be strong through the rough times. Each testing time can be an opportunity to show your best effort.

1 comment: